- You can stand with one foot in Orange County and the other foot in San Diego County on the beach!
- It’s a fun nature-filled walk to the beach.
- Entertaining for the kids to watch the trains go by.
- Off-season it was pretty quiet on the beach. Great views of Dana Point Headlands and the San Clemente coastline looking north. See the infamous San Onofre power plant and views of north San Diego to the south.
- San Mateo Creek provides more wildlife viewing.
- We liked walking over the concrete bridge and looking down into the creek.
- If you’re lucky, you can see some world class surfing. In fact, type in “Trestles” on YouTube and you’ll see some fun surfing videos.
- There’s still evidence of the fight to “Save Trestles” from a proposed tollroad. Trestles is known as the “Yosemite of Surfing.”